Click here to read the Portuguese version
The Ireland Portugal Business Network (IPBN) is committed to the security and protection of our website visitors and the data we collect. We are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDRP) effective from 25th May 2018. We seek approval for data we collect in line with GDPR regulations.
1.1 Who are we?
The objective of the IPBN network is to facilitate the better understanding in economic relations between Ireland and Portugal, to promote meetings between the representatives of the business communities of Ireland and Portugal and to encourage the growth of trade and bilateral investment between Ireland and Portugal.
Our data protection representative can be contacted directly here:
Name: Arnold Delville
Tel: + 351 969 196 055
The personal data we would like to collect from you is:
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
The Ireland Portugal Business Network will use the information you provide us to share newsletters, invitations to events and content about the network and its members that may be of interest to you.
Our legal basis for processing the personal data:
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
You may withdraw consent at any time by unsubscribing to our newsletter or by sending your request to Arnold.email@example.com
You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will treat your information in confidence and it will not be shared with any other organisations.
1.4 Retention period
The IPBN will store your personal data for xxx years.
1.5 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing
You may ask to have access to your data at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by IPBN, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the IPBN and its data protection representative.
2.0 Personal Data
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
2.1 Why does the IPBN need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to share newsletters, invitations to events and content about the network and its members that may be of interest to you, we need to collect personal data, in this case your name and email address. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect, and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
2.2 Will the IPBN share my personal data with anyone else?
We will treat your information in confidence and it will not be shared with any other organisations.
2.3 How will the IPBN use the personal data it collects about me?
The IPBN will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary
2.4 Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
The IPBN at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If the IPBN does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Contact details of the data protection representative.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
2.5 What forms of ID will I need to provide to access this?
The IPBN accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: Passport, National Identity Card, Driver’s License