About the Network
The purpose of the network is to stimulate and increase trade between the 2 countries by
- flag Helping Irish and Portuguese companies to broaden their network, make contacts and drive sales / increase business
- flag Assisting Irish companies and investors coming into the Portuguese market to meet potential business contacts
- flag It would assist Portuguese companies looking to Ireland for business opportunities.
- flag Helping Government Agencies explore and enhance trade links between the 2 countries to improve the opportunities for their client companies.
- flag Giving Irish and Portuguese companies better access to the worldwide diaspora networks of both countries.
Download a brochure here of some of the networks activities and how they benefit our members.Download
The IPBN is very proud to launch a new section opened to our existing and new members only. In partnership with our new member and executive partner, Sam Pinnington from Polaris PR, we are offering our members the chance to conduct an interview and publish a press release about your company, challenges, successes. This will be advertised across all our channels. In a second step and to be discussed with Sam, Polaris PR can then also help you publish it to external local and international media.
If you are interested, please contact email@example.com
Our Chair, Tony Boyle and three directors (Kevin Walsh, Diarmuid Crowley and Vinny Reynolds) are stepping down, leaving us with four seats to fill on the board of Directors.
This is a great opportunity to have your say in the future direction of the Ireland Portugal Business Network. We would particularly like to ask you to consider putting yourself forward for a position on the Board of Directors.
The position of Director on the Board of the IPBN requires a commitment to attend no more than eight board meetings in a given 12 month period and to attend events and take part in organising events that further the aims of the network in developing trade and enhancing business opportunities between Ireland and Portugal.
Participation on the Board brings many advantages including:
• Setting the direction of the IPBN
• Participating in a focused, forward looking organisation at the forefront of the trading relationship between Ireland and Portugal
• Participating in events that increase your exposure to senior Business leaders and decision makers
• Meeting the growing number of members and developing relationships with them.
Board members have in the past had the opportunity to meet Ryanair Chief Executive, Michael O’Leary, Chief Executive of Altice, Alexandre Fonseca, Commissioner Carlos Moedas, Chairman of TAP, Miguel Frasquilho and many other business and political leaders.
The IPBN plays a key role in raising Ireland’s profile in Portugal and likewise raising Portugal’s profile in Ireland. We have had numerous successes and have understandings with all of the State Agencies in both countries recognising our role in promoting trade between the two countries.
If you would like to be considered for election to the Board, please fill out the form available on the Eventbride, requesting other members or Board Members to propose and second your nomination. You must be present at the AGM on 30th April if you wish to be elected.
For members who do not wish to participate at the Board, we ask for your support in attending the AGM and participating to give your views on the operation and the direction of the IPBN – this is your chance to have your say!
We look forward to hearing from you.
Note: Application to the Board and Registration to the AGM should been done before April 25th.
Chairman of the Board.
Follow our LinkedIn page to be notified of upcoming events and opportunities.
The primary focus of the group is to enhance trade links and activities and events are geared are increasing the engagement and participation of the members in achieving this.
- event Business briefings with strong keynote speakers from the Portuguese and Irish business communities and opportunities to hear commentary and advice from leaders in the network and wider business community.
- event Industry specific events aimed at facilitating introductions between potential business partners.
- event Active web forums and high usage of social networking platforms to share information, drive interaction, solve problems and give referrals.
- event Newsletters and forums sharing the expertise of the members, showcasing the products and services of the members and celebrating their successes.
Technology & Startups
Tourism & Leisure
Food & Agriculture
Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare
Professional Services / Other
To find out more about any aspect of the network or to request help from the network please fill in your query