Lisbon - Portugal
For Deborah contact details, please email email@example.com
1. Describe your business in two paragraphs.
At Wisebond Coaching, we provide expat coaching and intercultural training services. Anyone who is preparing a move or has already moved can benefit from expat coaching and intercultural training. Coaching expats and internationals focuses on the specific challenges related to relocation and adjustment. It enables the client to adapt to a new working environment as well as identify and address cultural, family and other social and personal challenges.
2. What are your company's Unique Selling Points (USPs) in Portugal or in Ireland or in both markets if present in both?
Wisebond Coaching brings together business and international expertise with the scientific advancements in intercultural psychology. With over 20 years of corporate experience, international experience in 5 different countries, a Master in Intercultural Psychology, and Coaching certification at ICC, I am able to adjust coaching tools to the intercultural context creating unique and novel coaching programs for internationals, trailing spouses, and anyone in a cultural transition phase.
3. What achievement/success story(ies) are you most proud of?
Every time we receive thank you messages from our clients who are able to accomplish their goals, we feel as a personal achievement as well. Well adjusted clients who can navigate with ease and confidence through personal and professional challenges make us proud!
4. What are your business current challenges and in the 2/3 years to come?
Our main challenge is to grow sustainably. This coaching niche is quite new and therefore companies and RH Consulting firms still are largely unaware of the benefits of expat coaching. Our challenge is to tap into this market and grow while keeping a high standard of quality service and laser focused attention to each and every one of our clients.
5. What do you think makes Portugal and/or Ireland an attractive destination to conduct your business?
Both Portugal and Ireland are receiving foreigners who face the challenges of culture transition. Also, with a bilingual English and Portuguese team, we are able to effectively offer relevant services where communication and intercultural communication are crucial to the success of our clients. With the growth of entrepreneurship and start ups in both countries, the need to consciously tackle intercultural issues increase immensely.
6. What sectors do you think will thrive in Portugal and Ireland in the coming years and why?
I believe that the IT, Tourism and Hospitality sectors will continue to thrive. I also believe that we will see an increase in freelancers and digital nomads.
7. What is the best business advice you have ever received?
“It’s better to say I’m sorry than say excuse-me”. Which means to not be afraid of moving forward, even if that means making mistakes along the way.
8. How do you think the IPBN can help you achieve your objectives and what do you expect from your IPBN membership
I think the IPBN can help Wisebond Coaching reach more people and help other members retain employees by providing a coaching service that has an important role to play. Also, the IPBN can be an important vehicle to communicate this new service both in Portugal and Ireland.
9. Favourite destinations in Portugal and why?
Lagos, for the beautiful beaches,
Óbidos, for the medieval scenery and the chocolate festival,
Chiado in Lisbon for the cosmopolitan vibe.
10. Favourite destinations in Ireland and why?
Dublin, for the Trinity College, Oscar Wilde, U2 and the Pubs.