Algarve - Lisbon -London
For Andrew contact details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Describe your business in two paragraphs.
ILM provide turn-key development planning, operational and asset management services for land & building owners, specialising in the hospitality - hotels & resorts, tourism and wellbeing investment & development sectors.
Operating in Portugal since 1990, we have a unique integrated development planning process that both de-risks and optimises value, being driven by innovation and sustainability.
2. What are your company's Unique Selling Points (USPs) in Portugal or in Ireland or in both markets if present in both?
ILM’s USP’s are based upon the experience of the company based upon three decades of operating in Portugal and thus our market knowledge and reputation in the business community, resulting in a bullet-proof process. We adopt the mind-set and principles of the developer, taking total asset responsibility.
3. What achievement/success story(ies) are you most proud of?
My professional ambition aged 15 was to be the GM of a Hilton. Aged 35, we opened the Hilton Vilamoura, having led the development planning process, conceiving this unique integrated resort design and bringing the first Hilton to Portugal.
- The 90’s success of Lisbon’s Aroeira golf community development that we re-planned, marketed and sold as market leader between 1990 and 1995.
- The conceptualisation and development of two anchor projects for the Quinta da Marinha upscale resort community – Oitavos Dunes and the Health Spa & Racquet Club.
- The 20-year relationship with Palacio Belmonte – Lisbon’s leading luxury ‘guest palace’.
- The innovative conferences we have executed, ‘giving back’ to our sector.
4. What are your business current challenges and in the 2/3 years to come?
Being recognised for the value which we create and the dedication of our work.
Competing with international property service companies.
5. What do you think makes Portugal and/or Ireland an attractive destination to conduct your business?
The people and natural hospitality. The scale and diversity of the country. The quality of life. A pro-active FDI & FDP (foreign direct people) focused government. The tax environment and residence program.
6. What sectors do you think will thrive in Portugal and Ireland in the coming years and why?
Real estate, tourism, technology, renewable energy, wine and sustainability. Why – all of the reasons above.
7. What is the best business advice you have ever received?
Treat others as you would expect to be treated.
Focus on planning, organisation and communication.
8. How do you think the IPBN can help you achieve your objectives and what do you expect from your IPBN membership
Community, camaraderie and the opportunity to create new concepts and enhance the community. The six C’s!
9. Favourite destinations in Portugal and why?
Sintra – the environment and special atmosphere
10. Favourite destinations in Ireland and why?
Killarney – where I began my hotel career and Dublin/Malahide where I have some great friends.